Analox visit ProlificNorth Live
The Analox marketing team got up bright and early in mid-February to take a train to Manchester to visit ProlificNorth Live.
ProlificNorth is a marketing/publishing organisation based in the North West which staged the first ProlificNorth Live expo in 2016, the largest single gathering of media, marketing and creative people outside of London.
The 2017 expo was held on 15 and 16 February 2017 at EventCity in Manchester, with over 2,000 people attending each day. Registration was free in advance, and only £20 on the door.
We went along to see what was new in the world of digital marketing and PR, and to get inspiration for our promotional giveaways. There were plenty to be found, including sweets, cakes, cans of beer, cocktails and umbrellas (well, it does rain a lot in Manchester!)
There was a great mixture of exhibitors and seminars at the exhibition, with speakers from Virgin Trains, Bing, Paddy Power, Warburtons and Everton Football Club
We had a really interesting day and we’re looking forward to returning in 2018!
Here are some of the key messages we took away from ProlificNorth Live:
- Map your customer journey so you can see if there are any potential issues your customers may have
- Website personalisation is important - make your website fit your customer, not the other way around
- If you can make a video to promote something to your audience, do it!
- You need to target your marketing to your audience, don’t just push everything on all your channels and hope it connects with someone
- Tell stories and use emotive language… Positive stories fare better with people than negative ones