Analox’s Summer Intern, Ryan Bellas, and his team have scooped a silver medal at the annual Rotary Clubs of Huddersfield and Wakefield big 'Dragon Boat Challenge' fundraiser!

The group of musicians from the Wakefield Metropolitan Brass Band proved being talented with their hands wasn’t just limited to instruments after paddling the 250m course along Pugneys Water Park in Wakefield. The ‘Musical Mariners’ battled it out against an impressive 40 other teams to place second.

Ryan has been playing drums and percussion with the band for 6 years, during which they have competed in several acclaimed competitions across the country. Earlier this year, the band won 1st place at the Yorkshire Regional Brass band Championships and will now represent Yorkshire in the second section at the National Brass Band Championships of Great Britain this September.

Analox welcomed Ryan to the team last year when he completed his Year In Industryat the business, as part of his Physics degree, which he studies at the University of Leeds. Returning to complete a 3 month internship this summer, Ryan has been able to work on several more projects for Analox, assisting in the research and development department.

Members of Team Analox pledged their pounds to Ryan’s fundraising efforts and were delighted when he returned triumphantly, only narrowly missing out on first place. 25% of the money raised will go towards the charitable work carried out by the Huddersfield and Wakefield Rotary Clubs, while the remaining 75% will go towards the running costs of the band.

Ryan said, “Thanks to everyone at Analox for supporting my band, the team and I really do appreciate everyone's donations.

“The Dragon Boat Challenge is a great team bonding exercise and we were more than pleased to come second out of 41 teams, beating our previous record of 7th place. The money raised will go towards costs associated with funding the band, including travel to competitions and renting rehearsal space.”

Analox People Charity Boat Race Analox People - Dragon Boat Challenge 

Analox People - Dragon Boat Challenge Analox People - Dragon Boat Challenge

Analox People - Dragon Boat Challenge

 

Comments (0)


Add a Comment





Allowed tags: <b><i><br>Add a new comment: